Hooray for me. I have finished two tops this month! Neither one is quilted yet, but it still feels good. The first one is the string quilt you saw as a WIP. I am very pleased with how this turned out. I even used fabric from my stash for the sashing and corner blocks. This is very thick already since I used a muslin base, so I think I will use a flannel backing and just quilt the two layers. The second finish is a quilt that I started in December for my son. He wasn't too happy with it while it was in progress, but he is happy with the result. He thought it had too many light fabrics in it, but I assured him they were needed. Now he agrees I am right. First time in 16 years apparently.
I am going to add these to the January finishes in my sidebar, but first off to work and to get taxes done. Yuck to both.
Update. I should have referenced the pattern for my son's quilt. It is noted in this blog entry here.
It is called Cabin Tracks from a Quilter's Sampler Magazine. I will add the issue and the shop name.