Sunday, January 11, 2009

Some Mindless Sewing

I have assembled all of the blocks for the Double Delight, and cut all the setting triangles, but I needed to take a break for the day. So I have decided to put together some string blocks. I have lots and lots of strings. I was going to toss all of them, but decided to see how these would look. I think they are pretty cute. There is no rhyme or reason to how I am piecing these, and they have every fabric under the sun in them. These are 4.5" blocks, and I have another stack of 8" blocks I will show you next time. I am off to lunch with the girls now, and then back for an afternoon of mindless sewing! String blocks do make a mess. I will have to take a picture of the floor and "string bucket" next. That little green cutting mat under the mess is one of those mats that is on a turntable. Hands down it is one of the 5 best quilty things I have ever purchased, along with the still MIA purple thang. I resisted buying it for a long time because it is fairly pricey, but I use it all the time for trimming up blocks. Used it alot for the Double Delight.
Back later,
Donna

4 comments:

Trisha said...

String blocks look fun and easy. I haven't made them before but they seem like they would be good for stash busting. What do you use for the foundation?

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see what it looks like when completed. Happy sewing!Jo xo

Gari in AL said...

You must be a glutton for punishment, trimming all those string blocks after the Double Delight.

Sara said...

Those string blocks look great. I think I am going to make some of those for my DS's quilt.