Friday, January 9, 2009

The Stash Part II

This is the Ava Rose bundle from Fat Quarter Shop. I love how it is packaged . It is almost too pretty to unpack. I am going to look for a pattern that will work for these large florals and bright colors.
This is the Chez Moi stack. I actually unpacked it for the first time tonight to take a picture. The colors are so pretty. It is kind of weird but I never unpack the bundles and look at each fat quarter until I am ready to make a quilt. I know that this is very backwards, but it is how I always do it. Finally this is Flutterby by Tula Pink. There are some great prints in this bundle. I am tempted to buy the Nest bundle to coordinate with this, but I really don't need to since there is plenty here.

There is a least one more round of pictures to go to show all the fat quarter bundles. I don't buy jelly rolls or charm packs. The rest of the stash is loose fat quarters for the most part and some 1 and 2 yard pieces. OH and LOTS of SCRAPS! I have started to use Bonnie's Scrap Users System and you can see in my sidebar that I have a few scrap quilts going. I will show some pictures of these soon.

The Double Delight is coming along very well. All of the trimming is done and I am assembling the large 9 patch blocks now. Next step is to cut the setting triangles. I am going to use a new Fons and Porter ruler I bought for this. I hardly ever set quilts on point, but this one sure is looking great.

All for now,
Donna

5 comments:

Trisha said...

I'm drooling over your stash!

Gari in AL said...

Wow, you are so far ahead of me on the Double Delight. But if it looks as good as some of your other stash, it will be beautiful.

Tina said...

Great stash! Can't wait to see what you make with those lovely stacks of fabric!

Carol said...

Those towers are just beautiful! Can't wait to see what you have in store for these.

Helen in the UK said...

All your new stacks and packs of fabric look WONDERFUL! Very clever marketing because they do look TOO GOOD to pass by. Enjoy :)