Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sad but True

This is the quilt I finished tonight. Isn't it cute? That is the true part.


The sad part is that I started it about 6 or 7 years ago for my son who was then a little boy. Now he is almost 16. Oh Well, I guess at Christmas we are all kids again. My daughter has a matching one with aqua instead of royal blue sashing. Hers was finished the year I started them, then I got bored making the same pattern again and put his away on a shelf in the closet. Anyway it is great to have it finally finished and crossed off the UFO list.

This is my list of quilts to be finished. I started the list about the same time I started the blog with the intention of putting the list online. I never got around to that part ( I don't know how), but I have managed to get a lot of "Done" marked on the list since April. I am going to try to get a couple more bindings done before Peg's Challenge ends on the 30th of July. It is such a good feeling to be completing some of these quilts. Then I will be yearning to start something new. We'll see. There are still a lot of UFOs on these lists. There are also two Orange Crush quilts to be added to the list, and a few other odds and ends.

Did I mention I am making a Christmas quilt for each of my sisters 5 kids? It seemed like a good idea when I started! At least these are already on the UFO list.

Donna


4 comments:

Carol said...

Great job getting all those "Done" check marks. I sure need to get some things off my list. Thanks for the motivation.

Kristie said...

I love the quilt! So bright and pretty! I do the samething! I have a sailboat quilt that I started for my oldest son when he was a baby, he is now 15 and I only got it quilted last year!!!

I really need to dig all of my tops out and make a list, but that would take me weeks....I have 70+ tops!!! I think I am fighting a losing a battle!! :)
Kristie

Linda said...

Hey, that quilt looks great. It doesn't matter how long it took! It's finished now and that's the important thing...I'm a list person too and I try to keep track of everything I'm working on. I enjoy the process. The prize is the finished item! Good job. Hugs, Linda

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Donna....wow what a finish...better late than never...I think that type if finish is worth three cheers.......