Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Double Delight

Happy New Year's Eve everyone. I have decided to do Bonnie's Double Delight, the latest Quiltville Mystery, even though I have plenty of other projects to work on. One thing for sure is that I decided to use fabrics from my stash, so at least I don't have to feel guilty about making any new purchases.

I still have not decided whether or not to take Judy's Stashbusting Pledge. She has a great though provoking post about stashbusting here. But, I am weak and there are so many great sales right now, with more to come I am sure! So I decided to take the coward's way out and start a new quilt with stash fabrics.

This is what I chose below. The red, black, blue and whites are all from a coordinating bundle designed by Alex Anderson that I purchase about 4 years ago. I think it is called Remembrance. The yellow I bought some time ago, just because I liked it. I am going to use the yellow where Bonnie uses the double pinks, so I will have only one print here instead of a variety. I don't know if it will work but we will give it a try.

I made a few blocks this morning. So far so good. It will take a lot of trimming time, but hopefully it will be worth it when it comes to matching seams and not cutting off points. I don't have the ruler Bonnie recommended, but this little Omnigrid works pretty well.

Back to the sewing room.

Donna

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

I love your fabric choices on the new mystery. They are so bright! Your finished blocks are looking good. I always have that same urge to finish up just a few blocks right away to see how they will look.

Trisha said...

Very cool that you are working on the new mystery quilt. I am very tempted since one of my New Years resolutions is doing sone stash busting. I like the idea of doing a little at a time. Your color choices are looking great and I can't wait to see it come together.

Quilter Kathy said...

I think it will be great!
I like the blocks you have made so far! I'll be sewing more step #1 blocks tomorrow.