Thursday, August 14, 2008

Two Finishes

I have finished two more quilts this week. One was started last weekend and finished this week. It is a quilt for my neighbor who is going away to college in a week. I have known him since he was 3, I watched him in the mornings before school for 6 years. He played with my kids all the time when they were all little. He is now a wonderful young man. I will try to get a picture of him with his quilt when I give it to him.


This next one has been a UFO for longer than I care to admit. I love it now that it is finally done. It is all Christmas fabrics and is king size. It will go on hubby's and my bed right after Thanksgiving.

It is almost time to watch the Olympics. It has been fun watching Michael Phelps every night.
Happy quilting,
Donna

7 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow! Very nice quilts!!! You did a lovely job! I'm sure he will love it.
Kristie

Tina said...

What a lucky neighbor! And how nice to have a holiday quilt on your bed!

Sue said...

They are both lovely quilts. I'm sure your neighbour will treasure it. It is good to finish a UFO which has been around for a while, isn't it? I had one for that long and finished it last year...also a Christmas project! Maybe it is because they only come out once a year it takes so long to complete!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Donna both quilts are just lovely and the Olympics have been awesome.....

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congratulations on two great finishes. You certainly have been busy.

Roslyn said...

Very pretty log cabin.
Roslyn

Lindsay Jean said...

What gorgeous finishes! I love the colors in the first and the intricacies of the Log Cabin. I envy you your finished products.

Thanks for your comment earlier!